Dawn of War Texture Tool
Author: IBBoard (Submitted by IBBoard)
Category: Skinning and Modding Resources (Dawn of War 1)
Version: 1.9.1 Size: 196KB
Description: An updated version of the new texture compiler and extractor that is fully compatible with all WTP files, RSH files and RTX files. It also compiles a single team coloured TGA file from a WTP, converts DDS files to TGA files, TGA files to DDS files, and allows you to stop textures loading their teamcolours with a single click! DDS compilation is now fixed for 64-bit systems.
This Texture Tool is fully featured with regard to compiling or extracting texture files for Dawn of War. Any skin file from the game or the expansion packs, including those such as the Space Marines Scouts that were not normally compilable with Beroc's WTP Tool, should be extractable and compilable.
With this improved tool, you no longer need to resize non-square textures before compiling them (so badges on the textures will remain at their original proportions) and you can also recompile any of the race's banner textures. A badge and banner can also both be included on the same texture.
The tool also allows you to extract and compile RSH files without having to use two tools, and is the first stand-alone tool to handle RTX files.
Features in this version:
- Compile and extract WTP textures
- Compile and extract RTX textures
- Compile and extract RSH textures
- Compile RSH files with additional channels (Self-Illumination and Specularity/Reflection)
- Create composite TGA image with teamcolouring
- Convert DDS files to TGA files
- Convert TGA files to DDS files
- Allow compiling and extracting of multiple files at once
- Select and import teamcolouring, badge and banner
- Directly changeable preferences for texture, badge, banner and teamcolour starting folders.
- Allows for disabling teamcolour loading by editing the RSH file.
- Tried and tested cross-platform compatibility using the Mono framework (does not yet include TGA -> DDS conversion on non-Win32 platforms)
- 'Intelligent' compilation of WTPs - empty team colouring layer files are now discarded for smaller file sizes.
Changes and fixes in this version compared to v1.9:
- Fixed TGA -> DDS support in 64-bit Windows
Changes and fixes in this version compared to v1.8:
- Added support for DXT3 textures after Jaylo101 found an example in Soulstorm
- Updated to the Squish library for better quality TGA -> DDS compression
Later versions will include more channels (as soon as Relic releases example files using them).
File contents: Dawn of War Texture Tool and readme.
Rating: 5.0 from 2 votes (2 comments)
Added: 16/10/2016 Downloads: 315