Dawn of War Tutorials
- Adding models to Dawn of War by giskard (17723 views)
- Last modified: 2/09/2005, 3:22pm
A tutorial covering everything you need to know about adding a new model in to Dawn of War, including skinning. Uses the Space Marine Devastator as an example.
- Dawn of War Introduction by IBBoard (3677 views)
- Last modified: 4/06/2016, 1:36pm
A brief article covering what you can do in Dawn of War and what this site has available
- Dummies guide to IBBoard's SGA Extractor by Danimator (2595 views)
- Last modified: 11/02/2006, 12:06pm
A 'For Dummies'-style guide on how to use IBBoard's SGA Extractor to help create a cloned race without colour-bleed problems.
- How to add new preset colours to the Army Painter by Scorpia (3547 views)
- Last modified: 8/01/2006, 7:44pm
A short tutorial describing the steps needed to add custom colours to the army painter - perfect for adding those other official Games Workshop paints!
- How to make badges and banners by IBBoard (33019 views)
- Last modified: 8/04/2008, 7:14pm
A simple generic tutorial on how to create your own badges and banners in any art package. It assumes you have a little graphics knowledge including using alpha channels.
- Making non-team colourable areas teamcolourable by IBBoard (4275 views)
- Last modified: 25/07/2006, 7:50pm
A simple tutorial that explains how to take a non-teamcolourable area and make it teamcolourable. It uses the Chaos Cultist with colourable tattoo as an example.
- Making team colourable areas non-teamcolourable by IBBoard (2145 views)
- Last modified: 26/07/2006, 9:29am
A simple tutorial that explains how to take a team colourable area and make it non-teamcolourable. It uses the Kasrkin as an example, fixing the colour of their goggles.
- Making TGAs from RSH files: An Amateur's Guide by Danimator (6619 views)
- Last modified: 11/02/2006, 11:52am
Danimator's guide on how to create the TGAs that you need to create WTP files when all you have are the RSH files
- Modifying patterns by IBBoard (3927 views)
- Last modified: 26/05/2014, 6:05pm
A short tutorial for those with some experience with graphics programs, explaining how to modify your own patterns and use them in game.
- Pattern making tips by IBBoard (2045 views)
- Last modified: 20/01/2006, 6:58pm
Various ideas that I've picked up that are useful for people making and modifying the WTP pattern files
- Skinning 4 Dummies by Sandwichwarrior (6653 views)
- Last modified: 27/04/2005, 6:22am
A tutorial from Sandwich warrior, based on his experiences.
- WTP to TGA and back again! by ricocet (3270 views)
- Last modified: 28/02/2005, 10:16pm
A tutorial on how to get the TGA files you need to re-skin troops in Dawn of War, and put them back in to the game as WTP files.
Are you artistic? Do you know your real Warhammer 40,000 races? Skins@Hive World Terra needs pattern files, colour schemes, badges and banners for any pre-existing chapters, craftworlds, clans and legions, plus any fitting home made contributions.
If you want to help, then read the Submitting Your Work article